Friday 2 November 2012

Decisions and driving me mad.

Another day, another Doctors meeting to discuss my results and eventual treatment. After discussions this morning the MDT team are going with Chemo and then surgery. There is concern that my tumour is bleeding into my stomach, and Chemo could aggravate that. If it gets worse during the therapy, then there's the option to stop the chemo and go straight to surgery instead.
I've still got to have my PET scan on monday next week, which will hopefully give us a better picture of how the cancer is located in my body. Then there's another MDT team meeting the following wednesday, followed by a meeting with me, then off to Christies to start my chemo. Can't wait.

Joh and I went over to the Beechwood Centre today and had a lovely chat with a counselor. We'll be going back next week once I know for sure what the treatment regime is going to be. In the meantime, I had a go at Joh's driving. I've never been a good passenger at the best of times, and as I can't drive anywhere at the moment, Joh is doing all the running around. I am most grateful for this, but I've got to learn to keep my mouth shut and stop criticizing her skills behind the wheel.

Meanwhile, the Cannondale is back with me :) New tape, new stem, same handlebar. Geometry set up for a more upright position to start with, as my stomach is not up to cycling just yet. Gave it a polish when I got home, so she's all ready to go when I am.

Time for a rest. Brothers coming round this evening. Only the 2nd visitor I've had since going sick.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you've learnt to stop criticise Joh's driving. Any chance you can have a word with Mike? :-)

    ReplyDelete