Wednesday 26 December 2012

Day Twenty - Day 3 of the Rapha 500

Resting heart rate - 55 bpm
Body temperature - 36.4
Miles ridden - 44.2 miles (71.1km)

Happy Boxing Day everyone :) How did you spend yours? I spent the morning of mine riding my bicycle. 
Along with the Manchester Wheelers and the Polocini Test Team, we got together for a cracking ride over to Tatton Park and back. The rain held off and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Starting at the coffee shop at 10am, we all had a brew inside us to warm up
 Tony and Scott of the Wheelers.
 Jon and Chris of the Test Team.
 Pat from the Wheelers and Alan, the Test Team BOSS
Getting ready for the off, all wrapped up warm. 
We made good time on the first half of the ride, as a large group we held a good position on the road and didn't hear or see half of the inconsiderate drivers we've had recently, which was nice. 
Once in Tatton, Al rode ahead to take a few photos: 
 
Nice. Thanks Alan. 

After the ride, it was back to Polocini Coffee Shop for some delicious soup and to meet the wife, patiently waiting for me. Then home to a warm shower and clean clothes. Chill for the afternoon then a game of Monopoly with the family and their respective boyfriends and girlfriends. 
WHICH I WON HANDS DOWN!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! 
(I make a poor winner, ever worse loser ;))
Lovely tea, bubble & squeak with the leftovers from yesterday, and now chilling on the sofa watching Jurassic Park 3. 

Symptoms today? I'm definitely losing hair, it's coming out in little clumps when I run my fingers through my hair, and I feel a little sickly today. Not too bad, just not 100%
Easy pace in the saddle tomorrow I think. 

Good night all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment